This digital platform is currently operated under the direction and control of The South African Breweries (Pty) Ltd which constitutes the Anheuser-Busch InBev Africa Zone (“the Company”). All references to 'our', 'us', 'we' or 'company' within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates or any third party which may assume ownership and/or control of this digital platform and its content. All references to “you” and “your” refer to any visitor to our digital platforms.
- LEGAL DRINKING AND PURCHASE AGE
3.1 You may not access this digital platform or provide us with your personal information if you are below the legal drinking age to consume and/or purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the digital platform. You may not access this digital platform, if you are not over the legal drinking age in your jurisdiction (country) or in the jurisdiction from which you access the digital platform.
3.2 Should we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal consumption and/or purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files or flag such personal information and retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is not used any further.
3.3 We will however not be liable for any claims that may arise as a result of persons below the legal drinking age accessing this digital platform and/or providing us with personal information.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
4.1 Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, or as defined by applicable legislation. It does not include aggregated information that does not allow you to be identified, nor does it include business contact information such as your name, title, business address and business telephone number.
- COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 On this Digital Platform the information and content you may provide us for publication may constitute personal information which you acknowledge is provided freely and voluntarily for publication on this Digital Platform. We reserve the right not to publish any information or detail provided by you and/or to edit information provided and published.
5.2 You warrant that you are lawfully entitled to provide and publish the information provided and the information provided is true and correct in every respect and you indemnify us against claims by any parties in relation to the information provided and published on this Digital Platform.
5.3 Subject to the above, you can decide what personal information you provide to us. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. Where relevant and to a reasonable extent, we will enable you to select how we will use this information (for example, by choosing to opt-in or opt-out of receiving special promotional offers or other communications from us). You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the Digital Platform; participate in any initiative, fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; request us to provide you with information; enter a competition; post information to public areas of the Digital Platform or take advantage of a promotion.
6.2 We may use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, including the IP address from which you access the Digital platform, the type of browser and operating system used to access the digital platform, the date and time of your access to the Digital platform, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the digital platform from which you accessed the Digital platform.
- To recognise repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes.
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, e.g., to monitor the number of times that a banner advert is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
6.3 We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other personally identifiable information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
- To customise or personalise your experience of the Digital platform; for example, so that we can greet you on the Digital platform by name.
- To monitor your use of our digital platform(s) in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible; for example, by sending you e-mail communications relevant to the parts of the Digital platform that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Digital platform that you have not accessed previously.
- To compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related Digital platform information.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 We may use and/or disclose personal information collected from you in one or more of the following ways:
7.1.1 Marketing Communications: We may use your personal information in order to communicate with you about our products and services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses. However, you will be able to choose whether or not to receive such communications when you first provide personal information to us. You will also have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you. You may also unsubscribe from such communications at any time (see "Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information" below).
7.1.2 Marketing Analysis: We may use information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our digital platforms. We may also share non-personal information with others, such as regulatory bodies, advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you. We will only share identifiable personal information with third parties for marketing analysis with your consent.
7.1.3 Third Party Offers: We may arrange for carefully selected organisations to send you information that may be of interest to you. In such circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to these organisations that will be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on use of personal information. We will obtain your permission before we allow a third party to send you any such communications.
7.1.4 Public (or Interactive) Areas of our digital platforms: Information that you post on or through the public areas of the Digital platform (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, discussion groups and areas specifically designated for public postings) is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of our digital platforms are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public (or interactive) areas of the Digital platform.
7.1.5 Sale or Transfer: In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganisation or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
7.1.6 Legal Purposes: We may collect, use and/or disclose your personal information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to detect, protect or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, and to audit compliance with or corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1 In addition to disclosures identified in the purposes above, from time to time we may disclose personal information to:
- our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; digital platform hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- a person or entity, including our affiliates, to whom disclosure is required in order to fulfil one or more of the purposes described above under "Purposes for Collecting Information";
- a person who, in our reasonable judgment, is providing or seeking the information as the authorised or appointed legal agent of the subject individual; or
- any third party with your consent or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
9.1 We take security seriously and we take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. We have no control over the privacy of any e-mail communications while in transit to us. We recommend that you do not include confidential, proprietary or sensitive information in e-mails. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavour to do so promptly under the circumstances, using any contact details provided.
9.3 It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
- UNSUBSCRIBE, ACCESS, QUESTIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
10.1 At your request, where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information if you contact us using the unsubscribe details provided below.
- USER GENERATED CONTENT
12.1 You may not promote inappropriate or excessive alcohol consumption on this digital platform. We reserve the right to remove any irresponsible content from the digital platform.
- GOVERNING LAW
13.1 This policy is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the originating country.
14.1 Content disclaimer
14.1.1 Your use of this website (including downloading material or links to other websites) and your use and reliance on content published on this website are at your own risk. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we expressly exclude any representations, conditions, terms or warranties regarding merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or reasonable care and skill which might otherwise be implied or incorporated into these terms, whether by statute, law or otherwise.
14.1.2 Except where it is expressly stated to the contrary, we do not represent or warrant:
- the accuracy or completeness of the material published on this website;
- the availability of this website or its operation without error or interruption;
- the compatibility of this website with your computer system and software; or
- that this website is free from infection in the nature of a virus.
14.2 Financial and share price information
The information published on this website is not intended to provide financial or other advice or to operate as an invitation or inducement to trade in our securities or those of any other company. Share price information published on this website is delayed and is not real-time information. Our past business and financial performance is not a guide and is not to be relied on as an indication of its future performance.
14.3 Limitation of our liability
You use this website at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by you, of whatever kind, which may have been caused by your use or attempted use of this website or any content published on it. This limitation does not apply to any death or personal injury caused by our negligence or to any liability arising as a result of our fraud.
14.4 Intellectual property
All intellectual property rights in the content of this website (including without limitation copyright, database right, trade marks, images and logos) are either owned by us or are used by us under licence, and are reserved to us. You acquire no rights in the content of this website except the limited right to use the website in accordance with these terms.
14.6 Use of this website
You are welcome to use this website in accordance with these terms and may print and/or download information from this website for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not:
- link this website to any other website, or frame any part of this website, without our prior agreement;
- hack this website, use this website to transmit computer viruses or use this website for any illegal purposes; or
- misrepresent or amend content that you copy from this website or use such content without publishing the copyright and other proprietary notices we use in connection with such content, in the same manner and form as used on this website.
If you are in breach of these terms we may suspend or block your access to this website.
Links to other websites are provided for your convenience. We do not endorse or approve these websites or their operators and you download, browse and use such websites at your own risk and without any liability on our part.
We may amend, modify, update or discontinue the operation of this website or any content published on it at any time without prior notice to you. We may also amend these terms from time to time.
- CONTACT US
15.1 You can contact us with your queries, withdrawal of consent, modifying or deleting your data, feedback and request for data at our contact details as found on the digital platform.
15.2 In this exercise, we may collect your name, e-mail address and your request details. Only mandatory details are your email address and request details, other details are optional to share with us. Your personal details will be saved only so that we can respond to your request, and will subsequently be deleted, unless there are legal requirements stipulating the retention of this data.
 Digital platforms include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Websites, Mobile Applications and any other digital platform through which the Company conducts marketing activities
 Anheuser-Busch InBev Africa Zone is not an entity but is comprised of entities in African countries which are subsidiaries of Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, a public listed company (naamloze vennootschap/societe anonyme) incorporated in Belgium, with its registered address at Grand Place 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
 The Africa Zone is comprised of the Company’s subsidiaries in the following countries: Ghana, Ethiopia, South Africa, Mozambique, Malawi, Kenya, Zambia, Nigeria, Botswana, Lesotho, Mauritius, Uganda, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania
 The originating country is the country which uploaded the content on the digital platform, regardless of the country from which the digital platform is accessed.